Ever wanted to showcase your photographs to a wide audience or learn new stuff from your fellow film photographers and industry leaders? You can do both at the upcoming MONOmania: A Black and White Photography Fair.
Related article: Taking chances and challenges
This 2-day event, which is co-produced by Erin Nøir, will be held at ASPACE Greenbelt, Makati City on September 23 to 24, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tickets are priced at P250 for a day pass and P400 for 2 days.
Related article: Henry’s Camera to hold free cinematography workshop this September
On-goers will get to watch portfolio reviews, slideshows, and check out photozines. Industry leaders such as author and illustrator Alan Navarra, documentary photographer Nana Buxani, filmmaker Quark Henares, and painter Victor Balanon will give talks and workshops throughout the day.
Apart from that, there will be an exhibition that will showcase art works of over 250 photographers and image-based artists from all over the world.
“We have a huge number of Filipino photographers here and overseas but, unfortunately, we never had a festival dedicated to photography. MONOmania aims to somehow bridge this gap. The goal is to gather like-minded image-based artists, and to inspire and learn from one another,” said MONO founder Erin Noir.
Photographers are also invited to be part of the exhibition. How? Simply submit your best black and white photograph here and follow the instructions below:
- Make sure the photo is taken by you.
- Only analog and digital black and white photos will be considered.
- There’s no theme, however, entries will be limited to a total of 200 images.
- 1 photograph per photographer.
- Photo must be 2000px long, 300dpi, and has a file size limit of 3MB
- File name must be MONOMANIA_YourName.jpg
- Upload your submission.
- Deadline of submission is on September 11, 2017, Monday 11:59 p.m. Manila Standard Time.
- MONOmania is accepting submissions from all around the world.
Erin is a photographer and founder of the up and coming publishing house catering to black and white photography called MONO. She was also the previous editor-in-chief of Lomography and Frame Zero, Studio Manager of Thousandfold, as well as Managing Consultant and curator of Vetro.
Visit the official event page of MONOmanila: A Black and White Photography Fair for more information.